Note about 1.0.0: I am right now very busy with university. Since i figured out MCP was already released, but i have an exam on thuesday, i hope to find time to update on wednesday. Sorry for being so slow, but the release of this mod was during my holiday and there was a lot more time.
The current version is just quickly updated to 1.8.1 without any new features. If you run into any menu display errors, use fancy graphics.
It does not work 100% correctly with the new light engine yet. Therefore ice and water colors during different lighting conditions will not be displayed correctly.
Alpha v4c is a hotfix to v4 which changes back waterfalls to something closer to v3. In addition there are new settings inside the config based on your feedback (specially fixing the red tone when using some texture packs). A basic anti aliasing was added which can be added through the config (I anticipate that somebody would want mipmaps instead of linear interpolation, if so, I will put it on my list).
The next version will be v5 (which will fix some known bugs and maybe add some additional effects) and after that I will be thinking about beta.
Instructions: 1. copy the files from the Minecraft folder to the minecraft.jar 2. delete the '/meta_inf' folder in your minecraft.jar 3. copy the '/shader' folder to your '/bin' folder (If there is no '/shader' folder in your '/bin' folder create one; or simply drag the whole '/shader' folder to your '/bin' folder.)
A config file is found in the shader folder. It can be used to change parameters such as: - Visual: water color, surface texture visibility (if you wish to use custom textures on the water surface) - Performance: there are a settings for disabling parts of the reflections and to decrease the reflection resolution - To disable water effects use 'water_mode 0'
Incompatible graphic chips - ATI X1200 or lower - Graphic cards without GL_EXT_framebuffer_object support - Graphic cards without GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_vertex_shader and GL_ARB_fragment_shader support - Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (or lower; will in some cases result in the invisible world bug)
Execution problems and possible solutions: (moved up) - Minecraft runs out of memory solution: change these two settings in your config.txt anti_aliasing 1 reflection_resolution 2
- An exception with: 'cfgGrassFix' Possible solution (no guarantee): use the modloader version when having modloader installed
- The result does not look right (e.g. missing water, black screen with sound) Possible solution: Download the FBO.class fix and place it in your minecraft.jar
- An exception with: FBO not supported Possible solution: Download the FBO.class fix and place it in your minecraft.jar or: your graphics hardware is incompatible
- java.lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error for px.class solution: delete the '/meta_inf' folder in your minecraft.jar
- fast flickering in the water solution: disable advanced opengl in your video settings menu
- black screen without error message solution: install a newer java version to either fix it or get a more useful error output
- java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: px.updateWorldLightLevels() reason: mod incompabilities, one of your mods may be incompatible with this mod